USC Marshall has partnered with AIFS Study Abroad to provide students access to a virtual global internship placement with a company from around the world, with the flexibility of fully remote work. Students will intern with a firm personally selected based on their interests, background and experience, as well as the needs and requirements of the company (including time zone). There is no travel component to this internship program.
PROGRAM DATES (Remote): June 12 - August 4, 2023
- Orientation: TBD (Virtual)
- Internship: June 12 - August 4, 2023
- This is open to USC undergraduates who will have completed 24 units by January 1, 2023. Of these units, 16 MUST have been taken at USC (for Freshmen and transfer students, you are eligible for the program is you brought in a minimum of 14 AP, IB, or transfer units, and have completed a minimum of 16 units during the Fall 2022 semester.)
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- Applicants are recommended to have some course background in the field in which they wish to intern. For example, those wishing to intern in Financial Services should have completed at least BUAD 306 Business Finance or a related course. Those looking to go into any general business field should have completed BUAD 304 Leading Organizations, or at least 1 business course. Those looking to intern in event planning or advertising or for an entrepreneurial venture need not have any business course background.
|Program Costs (includes placement, interview(s), orientation)||$1200|
There will be a limited number of scholarships available to students of the program. The scholarship will be awarded based on need and merit, and require submission of an application and financial documentation. These items will be distributed upon admission into the program.
Application Process (Apply on TerraDotta):
The application is all on-line. If you wish to apply for more than 1 location (ie, Singapore and Madrid) you may select up to 3 destinations on your application. You will only submit ONE application. The deadline for receipt of application is December 1, 2022. You will need to upload a resume as well as a copy of your STARS report as part of the on-line application. Please be aware of all corresponding deadlines.
Please note: All students admitted into the program are guaranteed an internship
INTERNSHIP PLACEMENTS: (SUMMER 2023)
The future of work is remote and hybrid, so this virtual worldwide internship program is perfect for students who do not wish to travel but still want to gain exposure to a virtual, international work environment.
Participants will have access to research internship opportunities spanning a wide variety of businesses in a wide range of industry sectors. From small tech start-ups to multinational corporations appropriate placements are available based on the skills, interests and professional goals of the student and the project needs and work cycles of the internship sponsors.
All internships are unpaid. Remote internship placements are full-time and for 5 days per week (Monday-Friday).
If you would like more information on costs, placement process, which companies and what you will be doing in the internship, please download and read our Winslow-Maxwell Program FAQ’s
The internship placements are made by AIFS Study Abroad, and are based on the position and duties you wish to complete (as expressed in your internship essay and interview) during your internship, as well as your experience and skills, and the needs and requirements of the company you will be placed with. Students without a finance background, for example, should not expect to be placed in a finance role. In addition, sometimes smaller companies offer opportunities that are more in line with the student interests than larger companies. The goal of the program is to provide students with a quality learning experience, not necessarily for students to work for the biggest company.