Thumbnail

Preparing for My Summer in Prague

Leading up to leaving for the Winslow-Maxwell trip to Prague, I was a little bit nervous. I was really busy saying goodbye to all of my friends and family, so I didn’t really put in as much research as I was hoping. I didn’t start packing until a few days before I left. I had a short list of things that I wanted to see when I arrived, but really I didn’t know a whole lot about Prague. However, I am excited to explore and learn more!

June 06, 2019
• by
Stella Miller

My Mother and I at the AirportLeading up to leaving for the Winslow-Maxwell trip to Prague, I was a little bit nervous. I was really busy saying goodbye to all of my friends and family, so I didn’t really put in as much research as I was hoping. I didn’t start packing until a few days before I left. I had a short list of things that I wanted to see when I arrived, but really I didn’t know a whole lot about Prague. However, I am excited to explore and learn more! I also made sure to call my cell phone provider to ask about the international rates, along with my credit card company to make sure that I would not run into issues while abroad. 

The day I left, I did some last minute shopping (i.e. for travel sized shampoo and a new toothbrush). My mom also made me all of my favorite foods such as Banh Xeo and Che Dau Xanh. We also went to 7Leaves, In N Out, and Chick Fil A before a left since I was going to miss all of those while gone. I also took my little brother out for ice cream since I was going to be gone for his 6th birthday and he told me that was all he wanted to do to celebrate before I leave. My family and I said goodbye at the airport. While it was hard saying goodbye, especially since I have never been so far from home for such a long time, we were all excited for my Tim Horton's During My Layoverinternship!

I had a flight from LAX to Toronto for a layover. During the layover, I mostly slept and went to Tim Hortons (the Tim Bits and coffee were amazing!). I also looked through the shops they had at the airport as well. After my 8-hour layover (yes, it was a very long time), I finally boarded my plane to Prague. I spoke to the woman who sat next to me who was from Prague. She gave me a few suggestions on places to visit, which was great! I am definitely very excited for this trip!