Last full day in Jeju Island

May 08, 2022

I feel so sad that my Jeju trip has already come to an end. It was a short trip, but filled with lots of great memories. My friends and I checked out of our hotel at 11:00pm in Seogwipo to make our way over to Aewol, which is the northern part of the island. dBefore leaving we decided to grab brunch nearby at a famous kalguksu place. Kalguksu is a Korean noodle dish consisting of handmade, knife-cut wheat flour noodles served in a large bowl with broth and other ingredients. It was extremely delicious and the place we went to was especially amazing as it was highly rated among the locals and even celebrities have posted about this place! To make it even better, the price of the bowl was priced at only $10 per bowl! After filing our stomachs, we made our way over to Aewol. My friends and I took the bus instead of taxi to help save cost, but that meant we had a long travel time of almost two hours. We did end up miscalculating the time we were supposed to arrive so we got there earlier than we expected at 3:00pm. However, our hotel check in was 5:00pm so we just left our luggage there and headed over to a nearby cafe. Unfortunately, our timing was terrible because it started to rain like crazy. The rain was so bad that we were soaking wet and had to go back to our hotel to wait for the check-in time.

Luckily, the host saw that we were drenched so we were able to check-in to our hotel earlier than 5:00pm. gWe really wanted to go check out cute cafes nearby, but they were all closed due to the rain so we were really sad. The rain ruined our itinerary for the day. We had to cancel a lot of activities we had planned out such as riding bikes along the beach shores and ziplining. In the end, we had to wait for the rain to settle down to go to the beach, but it was super foggy. Taking pictures was a hassle too, because it was so hard to capture the background without it being foggy. In the end, we gave up and grabbed dinner at a restaurant nearby the shore. We ordered a spicy rice cake seafood stew and really good tonkatsu! I think it was actually the most enjoyable dish I tried in Jeju. The seafood in Jeju is definitely really different as it is much fresher!

My friends and I just walked nearby for some sightseeing despite the fog. Towards the end of the night, we headed over to a bar called Brooklyn Jeju. This is one of the hottest places in Aewol, and our taxi driver told us he drove more than ten people there just that night! When we arrived, the place was really packed as a lot of tourists were coming in. fI was recommended to go here by Bobby, the owner of the bar we went to yesterday in Seogwipo. I ended up sending a message to Bobby that we arrived, so he told the owners of Brooklyn Jeju to give us a lot of free shots on the house, so my friends and I had an amazing time! I would highly recommend both bars if you are planning on stopping by in Jeju for a fun time. There were a lot of arcades and game booths such as darts, so my friends and I had a competition and played with the other locals there. Overall, it was a great experience! I was sad about not being able to see the beach clearly, or go ziplining but our Jeju trip was still amazing. My friends and I grabbed a cab back to our hotel at 2:00am and started packing because we had to wake up early at 6:00am. Our flight was 7:20am and we were about 30 minutes away from the airport. Therefore, I will end the blog here! See you guys tomorrow when I return back to Seoul.