Cherry Blossom

Cherry Blossom Season!!!!

April 14, 2022

It’s finally cherry blossom season in South Korea! I have been waiting for this moment since the moment I found out I was going to be on exchange this spring. This was my first time experiencing cherry blossom season, so I made sure to take a lot of pictures! ,The flowers are so beautiful, but they last for such a short period of time. A lot of people were going out to see the blooming and peak of the flowers during this time. The weather was great as it is finally no longer cold. However, I do have to say South Korea is very humid, which I did not expect. On one particular day, it was so humid that it felt a lot more like summer than spring. I remember I was sweating like crazy, so I am not excited for summer a lot. For now, I will just enjoy the spring weather as much as I can!

I wanted to treat myself before midterm season started so I went all the way to Incheon which took me 2 whole hours by subway! It is supposed to be only 1 hour and a half, but I kept missing the subway transfer lines so it ended up taking me 2 hours to get there. I was a bit annoyed at first because it took so long to get to Incheon, but I really wanted to get my nails done at this particular place. There are definitely a lot of nice places to get your nails done in Seoul, but I did not realize how expensive getting your nails done in South Korea is! For gel nails, you can expect 65,000 krw for a basic design. ,Fancy designs that caught my eye ended up being around $125 USD, which is a lot more than what I usually pay for in Los Angeles. And if you want gel extensions or acrylics, the price is even more expensive! In the end, I went to Incheon for gel nails that cost me 60,000 krw! I was really happy with it even though the commute was long. I think it was really worth it, because I received a lot of compliments on my nails afterward. I impulsively decided to get eyelash extensions in Incheon as well since I was nearby. I paid about 80,000 krw for a Russian Volume set, which is a lot cheaper than the prices in Seoul. I was really satisfied with the results! I was happy, because I had plans to take lots of pictures under cherry blossom trees the next day!

The next day, I went to Songpa Naru Park (Seokchon Lake Park) in Jamsil for cherry blossom viewing! This is one of the most beautiful and popular destinations during this season. mThe flowers are gorgeous here, and it was so packed that it was a bit hard to walk. Taking pictures was actually a bit frustrating as it was hard to take pictures without having people appear in the background. It was also super humid on this day, so it was a bit annoying. My friends and I tried to take Instagramable pictures, but we were not able to get good ones due to how crowded it was. In the end, we decided to come back another day when it is less crowded. My friend and I walked over to the Lotte World Mall to grab lunch. We ordered the classic tuna mayo kimbap and spicy rice cakes which were super delicious. Then we just walked around and shopped at the Lotte Mall.

I headed over to Gangnam which is a 10 minutes subway ride away from Jamsil at night to meet up with more friends for dinner. It was a Saturday night so it was every restaurant was packed. We tried to go to a place called "Judabang", but we were in line for almost 2 hours which was crazy. However, everywhere else was just about the same. I think a lot of people were outside in general today due to the peak of the cherry blossom. It was an overall tiring day, but it was very fun!!