USC Marshall has partnered with AIC to provide students access to the internship opportunities in Singapore, as well as arrange housing and provide support while the student is in the country. Students will intern with a firm personally selected based on their interests, background and experience, as well as the needs and requirements of the company.
Program Dates: June 7-August 1, 2015
- Students arrive in Singapore: June 7, 2015
- Orientation: June 8-9, 2015
- Internship: June 10-July 31, 2015
- Last Day in Singapore Residence: August 1, 2015
- This is open to USC Marshall undergraduate students who will have completed 32 units by January 1, 2015. Of these units, 16 MUST have been taken at USC (for Freshmen and transfer students, you are eligible for the program is you brought in a minimum of 14 AP, IB, or transfer units, and have completed a minimum of 16 units during the Fall 2014 semester.)
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must possess a valid passport by January 1, 2015, which is valid until January 30, 2016.
- Applicants are recommended (not required) to have some course background in the field in which they wish to intern. For example, those wishing to intern in Financial Services should have completed at least BUAD 306 Business Finance or a related course. Those looking to go into any general business field should have completed BUAD 304 Leading Organizations, or at least 1 business course. Those looking to intern in event planning or advertising or for an entrepreneurial venture need not have any business course background.
- Applicants for Singapore are required to submit a letter of recommendation preferably from an academic (university level) source or past employer. All letters MUST be on letterhead. Letters can be submitted by the student directly to BRI 105, as long as it is in a sealed envelope, with a signature across the seal, mailed to: Winslow-Maxwell Program, 3670 Trousdale Parkway, BRI 105, Los Angeles, CA 90089-0805, or faxed to (213) 740-2116.
Students will live in American-style, shared dormitory-style flats in Singapore.
|Program Costs (includes placement, interview(s), orientation in Singapore and housing in Singapore)
|USC International Insurance
|Additional Costs (Estimated):
|Living Expenses: food, local transportation, entertainment, etc. (estimated)
** Students are responsible for booking their own flights. Students must arrive in Singapore no later than June 7, 2015. Students must also not depart Singapore prior to August 1, 2015.
There will be a limited number of scholarships available to students of the program. The scholarship will be awarded based on need and merit, and require submission of an application and financial documentation. These items will be distributed upon admission into the program.
The application is all on-line. If you wish to apply for more than 1 location (ie, Sydney and Madrid) you MUST file separate applications. The deadline for receipt of applications is noon on January 16, 2015. You will need to upload a resume as well as a copy of your STARS report as part of the on-line application. Please be aware of all corresponding deadlines.
If necessary, a group of semi-finalists will be selected from all applicants to undergo an interview for final selection to the program. Selection for the interviews will be based upon an applicant s complete academic record (not just GPA), and their application essays. The committee will be looking for essays that are well written, and address the questions in a thoughtful, and well-developed manner. Students will be notified by e-mail of the interviews by January 19 (if necessary), and will be e-mailed concerning admission to the program by February 1. Admitted students will then submit a CV and Internship essay, as well as undergo an Internship interview to determine internship placement. Please note: all students admitted into the program are guaranteed an internship
Application/ Payment Dates:
|Application Due Date
||Noon, January 16, 2015
||January 19, 2015
||January 20-26, 2015
||February 1, 2015
||February 1, 2015
|Submission of Resume to AIC
|Internship Placement Interviews with AIC
|Internship Placement Results
Internship Placements: (Summer 2015)
As a world business capital, Singapore attracts businesses from every conceivable sector, including investment banking, media and retail. For students interested in broadening their understanding of international business, there is no better city in which to study or work.
Participants will have access to research internship opportunities spanning a wide variety of businesses in a wide range of industry sectors in Singapore. From small tech start-ups to multinational investment banks, appropriate placements are available based on the skills, interests and professional goals of the student and the project needs and work cycles of the internship sponsors.
All internships are unpaid. Internship placements in Singapore are full-time and for 5 days per week (Monday-Friday).
Some of our better-known partnerships include the Macquarie Group , HSBC, Prudential, LVMH, MTV Asia, Singapore Airlines, Microsoft, and Proctor and Gamble just to name a few.
The internship placements are made by AIC, and are based on the position and duties you wish to complete (as expressed in your internship essay and interview) during your internship, as well as your experience and skills, and the needs and requirements of the company you will be placed with. Students without a finance background, for example, should not expect to be the CFO of a company. In addition, sometimes smaller companies offer opportunities that are more in line with the student interests than larger companies. The goal of the program is to provide students with a quality learning experience, not necessarily for students to work for the biggest company.